LEED Landscaping Projects
According to CaGBC (Canada Green Building Council):
LEED is a third-party certification program and an internationally accepted benchmark for the design, construction and operation of high performance green buildings. The Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Building Rating Systemô encourages and accelerates global adoption of sustainable green building and development practices through the creation and implementation of universally understood and accepted tools and performance criteria. LEED promotes a whole-building approach to sustainability by recognizing performance in five key areas of human and environmental health:
- sustainable site development
- water efficiency
- energy efficiency
- materials selection
- indoor environmental quality
GJALA (Gino J. Aiello landscape architect) is currently working on several Retail, Residential and Commercial landscaping projects in Ottawa area and Eastern Ontario, being designed to LEED standards:
- First Capital Realty Inc.
- Broccolini Construction (Ontario) Inc.
- 217 500 sq. ft. 15 Storey, 199 Slater Office Building, Ottawa. LEED GOLD
- 425 000 sq. ft. 19 Storey, 150 Slater New EDC Office Building, Ottawa. LEED GOLD
- 690 000 sq. ft. 15 Storey, 22 Eddy Street. LEED GOLD
- 484 000 sq. ft. 12 Storey, 455 Carriere Blvd. Public Works & Government Services Canada Buildings, Gatineau. LEED GOLD
- Canderel Stoneridge Equity Group Inc.
- Ellis Don Corporation - Ottawa
- Windmill Development Group
140 000 sq. ft. 12 Acre Hunt Club Place Retail Centre, Riverside Drive & Hunt Club Road, Ottawa
300 000 sq. ft. 5 Storey New Office Building 770 Brookfield, Ottawa. LEED SILVER
190 00 sq. ft. Algonquin College Centre for Construction Excellence, LEED PLATINUM
The Currents Condominium and GCTC, 70 000 sq ft. at Holland and Wellington Ottawa